If you want to know what’s trending online in Asia’s beauty industry — from fashion to makeup — Google thinks it has put together something of a definitive list of must-follow YouTube channels from the region.
It also claims to have spotted some interesting cultural differences between the YouTubers that is ultimately telling of the kind of content and delivery that does well in each of the varying markets. After all, Asia is a highly diverse set of countries and cultures.
Here’s how Google breaks down the countries and types of content that do best (with an example YouTube channel for each):
- Sasaki Asahi (Japan) — Product reviews
- So Young’s Beauty Room (South Korea) — Tutorials
- Wengie (Australia) — Fashion “lookbook”
- Hana Tam (Hong Kong) — Vlogging
- Peri (Taiwan) — Giveaways
- TheMorusaism and Chotin0707 (Southeast Asia) — Shopping spree show-offs
If you’re a YouTube fashion or beauty vlogger in one of these markets, or perhaps just interested in what’s trending in the space in Asia (and how it ties into successful YouTube content), this list could prove a useful resource — at least Google thinks so.